All pre-checks are completed prior to you having your treatment. There are certain conditions where Dysport®/Botox® treatments are not recommended. These include Neurological diseases
- Myasthenia gravis
- Eaton-Lambert syndrome
- Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
If you have never had any anti-wrinkle procedures done before then you may have expectations which are higher than can be expected. Be open and honest and discuss the results you are expecting with your consultant.
The consultation will generally be done immediately prior to your appointment. If you have any concerns regarding the procedure, please voice your concerns during your consultation. You can book a consultation, obligation free, at either of our clinics, prior to your appointment if you wish.
No, the results are not permanent. Every person is different as your body will metabolise the product differently from others. The general period for Botox®/Dysport® is approximately 12 – 14 weeks. Fillers, on the other hand, will metabolise at a very different rate and our staff can only provide you a period of time as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
There is no down time with any injectables procedure which means you can go straight back to your pre-appointment activities. We do recommend that you do not do the following activities for at least 24 hours:
- No alcohol.
- No strenuous exercise (where you would sweat).
- Nothing that is going to elevate your blood pressure.
- Most importantly – DO NOT TOUCH THE INJECTION AREA. We all have bacteria on our hands and we don’t want that getting into the wound where the needle was injected and you could move the product causing little or no result.
At any of the 5 clinics we currently have in Sydney
As with any invasive procedure, there are risks. There are also possible side effects which you need to be aware of. These are listed on the consent form which you will have received prior to your appointment, as well as listed here below:
- Possible side effects include:
- Transient headache, swelling, bruising, pain during injection, twitching, itching, numbness, asymmetry (unevenness), temporary dropping of the eyelids or eyebrow.
- These side effects are rare, but have been reported. In a very small number of individuals, the injection may not work satisfactorily or for as long as usual. Known significant risks will have been disclosed to you, the client, yet the theoretical risk of unknown complications does exist.
- Bruising may occur after Dysport®/Botox® injections. Substances that increase the risk of bruising include:
- Herbal medications, vitamin e, aspirin, motrin, coumadin, other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, fish oil and blood thinners.
- Anti-wrinkle injections can be completed in one sitting.
- Dermal volume filler is restricted by the number of areas which can be completed in 1 sitting. We restrict the numbers of areas due to 2 very important things:
- The stress on your face can be quite distressing for some clients.
- As most areas are “next to one another” we do request that you allow the first area to settle before injecting into the 2nd area.
Discuss this with your consultant and medical professional at your appointment.
Want to look instantly younger? Book a consultation today and talk to one of our experts.